search archive
browse archive

The Waddesdon digital archive

The Waddesdon Archive brings together records and material relating to the history of Waddesdon Manor, the Waddesdon Estate and the members of the Rothschild family who have owned and managed Waddesdon from 1874 until the present day.

Home page

Waddesdon Manor was built by Baron Ferdinand de Rothschild between 1874 and 1885 to display his collection of arts and to entertain the fashionable world. Opened to the public in 1959, Waddesdon Manor is managed by the Rothschild Foundation, a family charitable trust, on behalf of the National Trust, who took over ownership in 1957. It’s home to the Rothschild Collections of paintings, sculpture and decorative arts.

The archives contain information about a wide range of subjects from art and horticulture to social and agricultural history, from wine to estate management, from the history and politics of Israel to the history of the art market. The collections are held in both paper and digital formats and this portal will allow access to the digital content we preserve.

The collections are in the process of being catalogued and finding aids are being made available online as they are completed.

 For more information about our archive holdings please see https://waddesdon.org.uk/the-collection/about-the-collection-and-archives/waddesdon-archive/


Top level collections

PHOTO

5/4/16, 5:09 PM

VIRT

12/1/17, 9:32 AM

WMR

10/5/16, 11:37 AM


Powered by Preservica
© Copyright 2024